Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2016
First, things have been CRAZY over the last week. We’re currently in the process of moving, and that’s just sent everything into a whirlwind of chaos. Once we’re a little more settled I will update you all on where and why we moved!
In an attempt to bring some more beauty posts to this blog, I figured one of the best ways to do this is to share one of my monthly beauty favorites, Birchbox! Now I know there are a ton of monthly beauty subscription options out there nowadays, but I’ve had Birchbox for almost two years and I still can’t wait for that little box every month.
Not only am I going to share what’s in my box, but I will include my review of the products. Birchbox is how I’ve found so many of my favorite products recently, and hopefully it can inspire you to try something you’ve been thinking about too (or even getting your own Birchbox subscription)! Birchbox is also one of my favorite gifts to give because the recipient keeps getting their gift for several months after! Plus who doesn’t love getting things in the mail?
- Balance Me Radiance Face Mask- I’ve tried a few of the Balance Me masks before, and this one wasn’t a whole lot different. I like to use masks to give my skin a “refresh” but didn’t notice anything particularly special about this one. I do like that the Balance Me line is fairly natural, as I have uber sensitive skin. I still plan on using up my sample to give my skin a little boost every so often.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara- I was super happy to get this in my box this month because I’ve been dying to try it, but unwilling to spend the money until I knew if I liked it or not. Safe to say now that I’ve tried it, I will be purchasing this mascara because it’s AMAZING.
- DevaCurl Low-Poo Delight Weightless Waves Mild Lather Cleanser- For Wavy Hair- I’m always hesitant to try new shampoos, as I am a diehard Moroccanoil fan, and this one was interesting to say the least. I found that it didn’t really suds up, which I expected because it’s “Low-Poo”, but I did like the nice light, clean smell. When my hair dried, it did leave it wavier than normal, to the point that I felt like I didn’t HAVE to do something with it if I was just doing something casual. It’s also a really good sized sample, which is a nice bonus! I still felt like my hair wasn’t quite “clean”, I guess maybe because of the lack of suds. It didn’t convert me from my Moroccanoil, but I still liked it!
- LOC Ultra-Lip Gloss Pencil- Punch Line- This lip color is so fabulous! It’s very lightweight (perfect for those hot summer days), but still has a great pop of color. Definietly will be adding some more colors to my cart!
- Shiseido Ultimate Infusing Concentrate- I was so excited to try this when I saw it in my box because it’s a very good sized sample considering the price of the full size. I was not disappointed. I saw a visible difference in my skin after just one use, it was brighter, firmer and just gave me kind of a dewy complexion all day long. Although, I’m personally not a fan of the smell, I loved the product and definitely think it’s worth the steeper price tag.
- Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate- I haven’t really dabbled much in the world of eye creams/serums, so I can’t give a good comparison between this one and other products. I deal with eye eczema, so I am super cautious about trying new products anywhere near my eyes. After trying the Ultimate Infusing Concentrate I was excited to try this, but I didn’t necessarily see the same type of results. From what I’ve read elsewhere, it’s something you’re supposed to use more continuously to see more drastic results, but I have a hard time justifying the $65 when I’m a little unsure. Although it didn’t flare up my eye eczema, so that is saying something right there!
Does anyone else have any experiences or thoughts on these products?! I’d love to hear them!
Wearing my LOC lip color!
Happy Monday everyone! Today’s Must-Have is one that even I haven’t found the “perfect” one, but I’ve come pretty close. The White Tee. Although seemingly simple, there are so many aspects that go into the perfect white tee. Here are a few things I typically look for:
1. A bright white color
2. Super soft material
4. Long and loose fit
And I really love a cute pocket detail if I can find it!
I do love this Gap tee that I purchased at the beginning of the summer, but I just wish the material was a little softer. I do however LOVE the length and cut of this tee. If any of you guys have a favorite white tee, I’d love to hear some suggestions to try!
Sidenote- my DIY pom pom tote has me dreaming of my upcoming vacation! Any guesses where I’m going?
I’m a little late getting this post up today, since it was my mom’s birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!) so we had a celebratory lunch. And what better way to celebrate than with the early access to Nordstrom’s annual sale! I’ve done my first roundup of items today for the blog, there are so many great pieces this year!
For the #Nsale I always tend to start with the basics, which is mostly what I’ve lined up here, I look at what I have, what I need and what needs to be replaced before I go towards the more trendier pieces I have my eye on. For this post, I’ve also lined up three great basic pieces and included both a “Steal” and “Splurge” option for all of you, depending on your budget. I’ve also included a few of my other first glance favorites. I don’t know about you but shopping for all these gorgeous boots, sweaters, and jackets has me so ready for some cooler fall weather. Happy Shopping everyone!
P.S. I’ve linked up some of these picks up in the “Shop” section on the right side of the page!
First, I apologize for being kind of MIA last week. With the long holiday weekend and taking the FAR section of the CPA…things were a little bit crazy. Jason and I are also currently trying to pack up our house for the upcoming move, so safe to say we were plenty busy over the last weekend too. But I’m back and feeling refreshed and ready to post, and I have some exciting things coming up here in the next couple of weeks, stay tuned!
So I bought this tote on a whim, because I was in desperate need of a new bag for work to lug around my laptop, second monitor, charger, planner, notepads (a lot of stuff…you get the idea). Although my Michael Kors Jet Set served this function for awhile just fine, it was getting too crowded and too big, so it was time for a change. Enter the Street Level Reversible Tote, which I actually found after seeing it on someone else’s blog, drawn to it for its surprisingly low price tag. And yes, you read that right REVERSIBLE. It comes in a bunch of colors, so you can match whatever fits your wardrobe and your style best!
This bag has been worth every penny of that 48 dollars spent and is probably in my top five best purchases in the last year. I’ve used it as everything from a work bag, school bag, gym bag, farmer’s market bag and even as a place to put all of my dogs toys and such when we go out of town for the weekend and take him with (bonus- it’s super easy to clean, which is why I feel okay using it for all of these very different purposes.) It’s been featured in a ton of my posts too (which I’ve rounded up below). I also love the little zipper pouch, because you can throw your phone, ID, credit card in their and not have to lug around your whole wallet, which is especially handy! Some of the colors are on sale right now at Nordstrom, so definitely an even better time to buy it. I’ve linked them up in the “Shop” section of the blog, over on the right side. What’s your favorite carry all tote?